When we have a look around, we can see various activities ongoing. We can see construction sites, the building of roads, bridges, etc. There are many things similar between these scenarios. To make a strong and appropriate base of something to be constructed, drilling and leveling are necessary. Drilling is the process of making holes to lay the foundation of something.
It is done by various types of small or big equipment according to the requirement of the situation. The process of drilling can be on the surfaces of ground, wood, metal, etc. It ranges from making a hole into the wall to making large underground cavities.
A drill is an equipment used in this process. It can have single or multi-points. It is placed against the surface to be drilled with the pointed tip touching the surface. The drill when started while kept on the same position, it is observed that the pointed tip is revolving at the rate of hundreds to thousands per minute. With a gentle push, the drill is forced against the surface.
The flakes and dust from inside the surfaces come out while the pointed end keeps getting inside. After gaining the required depth the drill is moved out from the cavity created by the machine. Even dentists use small drill machines for the treatment of the tooth.
Types of drill machines
There are several types of drill machines used as per the need and requirements of the work. They are:
- Portable drill machine – This is the most commonly used machine. The maximum number of people have used them for domestic use. It is also known as the hand drill machine. Apart from house-hold purposes, these drill machines can be carried along and can be used to make small holes in rocks and any rigid surface. For more details about portable drill, machine do visit drilling it.
- Sensitive drill machine – It is known for its precise and accurate work. One can use this machine by mounting it on a base with the help of nuts and bolts. It is a perfect tool to make small holes quickly and smoothly. Its use can be at a carpenter’s workshop.
- Upright drill machine – This type of drill machine can be called as the bigger version of the sensitive drill machine. It is perfect for the small to medium workplaces. It is used for industrial purposes.
- Gang drill machines – This machine is for drilling multiple holes at a time. This drill machine consists of four to six drills lined up on equal distances resting on the same base and revolve together for accurate drilling. It is mostly used in industrial and production work.
- Radial drill machine – This type of drill machines can be found in the construction sites. It is a powerful machine that is operated with levers and controls. It has bigger connected arms to make it movable.
Thus, drilling machines are one of the most useful equipment in the hardware line. These machines have made the work of making and digging holes easier. It is one of the most useful machines in the excavation industry.